Sunday, February 22, 2009

Out of order

I just looked in the mirror and freaked out about what I saw. The cold, the exhaustion, the depression really got to me. I am pale, my lips are dry and almost violet and all around my eyes there is a gray shade. I feel like everything is moving in slow motion and it's difficult even to write. I just have to say something, I hope it comes through. I did not run away and I did not fall apart or grow cold. I still know I had everything, but I just moved on not necessarily to be happy, but to stop being miserable.
With the oh so emo attitude set aside, I must say my belly is happy. I just came back from dinner. We went to our colleagues from Ghana and had some of their traditional food. I really liked most of it. The spicy soups were great and the fufu went just right with them. Also, the cabbage and carrot thing was tasty and the things that looked like bananas. It was fun and I was hard to convince to go, since I forgot to announce my intention to attend. But they were great hosts and I have to say my heart was filled with warmth tonight, as I feel my colleagues are all so nice.
The exam went great. I picked easy subjects and I was quite fast and accurate. The whole course was exciting and I wish we could have done twice as much as we did. I feel network analysis could be a wonderful supplementary tool for sociologists. So now I'm left with one day of weekend. I have just so much work that I feel lost. I am almost falling asleep on the keyboard. Hope tomorrow posts will stop being whiny again. Until then, I'll delete a stupid post to revenge my broken mojo.

No comments: