Sunday, March 24, 2013

Baking Sunday II: Swan eclair

I am so tired I wasn't going to write anything, but just fall into bed. However, I need to gather some will to remove my make-up, so I'll somehow do this today. The making of the eclairs actually began yesterday. Only they were assembled today. And my mom should get most of the credit, but I helped with every step, so here it is: we put 20 spoons of water and 20 of sunflower oil in a pot on the stove. When it started boiling we took it aside and added enough flour to make it a dense dough. That dough went into the oven, first as balls, and second S-shaped. We then made some vanilla and chocolate pudding, Today each ball was cut in half horizontally and the top was also cut in half, this time vertically. On the bottom half we put the pudding and added whipped cream. Then the S went in just like the swan's neck and head and the top pieces just like wings. And ta-daam! There goes a fancy desert that is really easy to make.
Bonus: yesterday I cleaned my freezer and I had some pastry dough laying around. Today I turned it into mushroom strudel. In also put in the filling black olives and some parsley. They're not genius work, but they'll be just fine for a snack at work! And the whole thing only took an hour or so. Next week, alongside some cake, I plan on making ciabatta, maybe with some olives and red peppers. And then I can snack on them filled with fresh cheese and basil! Oh, I love food so freaking much!

No comments: