Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Questionable Content


Following xkcd, I got to questionablecontent.net and it was love at first sight. It's a webcomic with indie kids, in short. Its Wikipedia page does a better job at explaining the basics:
"The plot centers on Marten Reed, an indie rock aficionado; his roommate, Faye Whitaker; and Faye's boss (later Marten's girlfriend), Dora Bianchi. Supporting characters include employees of the local coffee shop, neighbours and anthropomorphized personal computers. QC's storytelling style combines romantic melodrama, sitcom, humor about indie rock music, and sexual or scatological humor. The artistic style has notably changed over the lifetime of the comic, as Jacques has been constantly refining his drawing methods. Whereas earlier strips were focused at a niche audience of indie music fans, the comic has since become more story- and character-driven."
I was tempted to say more about the story, but maybe I'll just spoil it. The comic is currently at strip number 1662 and it took me a while to get through all of them, but now I can't wait for the next one. You get to regard the characters as friends, or maybe it's just because I don't have a very active social life. But they are fun to spend time with, Hannelore is a sweetheart and I guess I see bits of myself in both Dora and Faye and that's what kept me so hooked. I like the character development and also the evolution in artistic style, but the humor is what makes qc so cool. Jeph would make a great script writer, at least considering his witty dialogue skills. All in all, my favorite webcomic so far.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it is a very good web comic